Now understand we are talking about automated quality background checks not instant. Don’t confuse the two. There is no such thing as an instant background check (I know, an internet search says otherwise but the screening companies are not being honest). A few years ago we created an Applicant Tracking System that allows you to conduct quality background checks without data entry. We created this technology to assist our large volunteer organizations who process thousands of criminal record checks.
Hundreds of organizations have adopted this “paperless” process because it:
- Speeds the Turnaround Time. Candidates can order a background check 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Saves Money by Reducing Labor. Candidates click on a link on your website, sign an e-authorization, input their information and initiate the background check.
- Increases Security. The ATS replaces paper authorizations and encrypts and stores the information on secured servers.
- Reduces Data Entry Errors. No more data entry errors because you cannot read information on a paper authorization which speeds the turnaround time.
- Allows Candidates to Pay for Their Own Background Check with a Credit or Debit Card. Yes, this is a new concept for some organizations. However, having the candidate pay for their criminal record check is growing in popularity.
The ATS is a great tool but it does not eliminate the application process and due diligence that you use to identify your candidates. Candidates that attempt to provide a false social security number, change the spelling of their name or do not disclose other names or addresses will be flagged. We recommend that employers require a government issued photo ID as part of the application process and compare this against their background screening report.
Are you ready to take your background screening program to the next level? Contact us today.